Breaking News
Loading...

Mother Quotes

Mothers are very precious blessing of God for us. We have collected for mothers day or mothers quotations for messages. These would be best words for your messages related to mothers.


  My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
George Washington


The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.
Jessica Lange


My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.
Pablo Picasso


My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
Mark Twain


Men are what their mothers made them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


That strong mother doesn't tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in.
Lauryn Hill


I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her.
Ellen DeGeneres


Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.
Aristotle


The mother-child relationship is paradoxical and, in a sense, tragic. It requires the most intense love on the mother's side, yet this very love must help the child grow away from the mother, and to become fully independent.
Erich Fromm


I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.
E. M. Forster


It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding.
Erma Bombeck


Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.
Ambrose Bierce


My mother taught me about the power of inspiration and courage, and she did it with a strength and a passion that I wish could be bottled.
Carly Fiorina


Yes, Mother. I can see you are flawed. You have not hidden it. That is your greatest gift to me.
Alice Walker


Being a mother is hard and it wasn't a subject I ever studied.
Ruby Wax


My mother taught me to treat a lady respectfully.
Chris Brown


I've been through it all, baby, I'm mother courage.
Elizabeth Taylor


Every man must define his identity against his mother. If he does not, he just falls back into her and is swallowed up.
Camille Paglia


The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
Henry Ward Beecher


Completeness? Happiness? These words don't come close to describing my emotions. There truly is nothing I can say to capture what motherhood means to me, particularly given my medical history.
Anita Baker



Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.
Meryl Streep


When motherhood becomes the fruit of a deep yearning, not the result of ignorance or accident, its children will become the foundation of a new race.
Margaret Sanger


Mothers always find ways to fit in the work - but then when you're working, you feel that you should be spending time with your children and then when you're with your children, you're thinking about working.
Alice Hoffman


I was a brownie for a day. My mom made me stop. She didn't want me to conform.
Sandra Bullock


The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become a fearless mother is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly - indeed to embrace uncertainty and imperfection.
Arianna Huffington


Throughout my life, my mom has been the person that I've always looked up to.
Mike Krzyzewski


How simple a thing it seems to me that to know ourselves as we are, we must know our mothers names.
Alice Walker


Only mothers can think of the future - because they give birth to it in their children.
Maxim Gorky


Of all the roles I've played, none has been as fulfilling as being a mother.
Annette Funicello


If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers.
E. W. Howe


It is only in the act of nursing that a woman realizes her motherhood in visible and tangible fashion; it is a joy of every moment.
Honore de Balzac


A woman must combine the role of mother, wife and politician.
Emma Bonino


I am no mother, and I won't be one.
Brigitte Bardot


My mom always said that there would be haters. Not everyone can love ya.
Joel Madden


Mommy smoked but she didn't want us to. She saw smoke coming out of the barn one time, so we got whipped.
Loretta Lynn


I was raised by a single mother who made a way for me. She used to scrub floors as a domestic worker, put a cleaning rag in her pocketbook and ride the subways in Brooklyn so I would have food on the table. But she taught me as I walked her to the subway that life is about not where you start, but where you're going. That's family values.
Al Sharpton


Who in their infinite wisdom decreed that Little League uniforms be white? Certainly not a mother.
Erma Bombeck


I may be the only mother in America who knows exactly what their child is up to all the time.
Barbara Bush



I sing seriously to my mom on the phone. To put her to sleep, I have to sing "Maria" from West Side Story. When I hear her snoring, I hang up.
Adam Sandler


I owe much to mother. She had an expert's understanding, but also approached art emotionally.
David Rockefeller


What do girls do who haven't any mothers to help them through their troubles?
Louisa May Alcott


My mother taught me that we all have the power to achieve our dreams. What I lacked was the courage.
Clay Aiken


I'm a Mommy's Girl - the strongest influence in my young life was my mom.
Susie Bright


I wish my mother had left me something about how she felt growing up. I wish my grandmother had done the same. I wanted my girls to know me.
Carol Burnett


I want to be a cool mom.
Tori Spelling


I basically became a cheerleader because I had a very strict mom. That was my way of being a bad girl.
Sandra Bullock


My mother gets all mad at me if I stay in a hotel. I'm 31-years-old, and I don't want to sleep on a sleeping bag down in the basement. It's humiliating.
Ben Affleck


Mothers are the necessity of invention.
Bill Watterson


Mothers don't let your daughters grow up to be models unless you're present.
Janice Dickinson


I am truly my mother's son.
David Geffen


The Vatican is against surrogate mothers. Good thing they didn't have that rule when Jesus was born.
Elayne Boosler


Take motherhood: nobody ever thought of putting it on a moral pedestal until some brash feminists pointed out, about a century ago, that the pay is lousy and the career ladder nonexistent.
Barbara Ehrenreich


Morality and its victim, the mother - what a terrible picture! Is there indeed anything more terrible, more criminal, than our glorified sacred function of motherhood?
Emma Goldman


Where there is a mother in the home, matters go well.
Amos Bronson Alcott


Everyone checks out my mom. My mom's hot.
Ashley Scott


I want to be more successful as a mother than I am in show business.
Celine Dion


I guess I was a mom so late in life, my daughter was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Candice Bergen



My mother worked in factories, worked as a domestic, worked in a restaurant, always had a second job.
Ed Bradley


Motherhood is the strangest thing, it can be like being one's own Trojan horse.
Rebecca West


I'd lose my mind if I heard my kid call the nanny Mommy.
Toni Braxton


My mother thinks I could have even run a larger company.
Christie Hefner


I wanted to escape so badly. But of course I knew I couldn't just give up and leave school. It was only when I heard my mom's voice that I came out of my hiding place.
Zhang Ziyi


Motherhood is at its best when the tender chords of sympathy have been touched.
Paul Harris


I think while all mothers deal with feelings of guilt, working mothers are plagued by guilt on steroids!
Arianna Huffington


My parents, especially my mother, were no influence on me whatsoever.
Andy Partridge


What is free time? I'm a single mother. My free moments are filled with loving my little girl.
Roma Downey


The woman is uniformly sacrificed to the wife and mother.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton


I think my mother is my biggest influence. There are so many things I hate about her but at the same time I'm thankful for her. All I know is that when I'm a parent I want to be just like my mom. I can talk to my mom more than any of my friends could talk to their parents.
Nikki Reed


The man in our society is the breadwinner; the woman has enough to do as the homemaker, wife and mother.
Dorothy Fields


Mother is far too clever to understand anything she does not like.
Arnold Bennett


Always it gave me a pang that my children had no lawful claim to a name.
Harriet Ann Jacobs


I'm sure that my mom would have been happy with any path I chose.
Joely Fisher


What motivated me? My mother. My mother was an immigrant woman, a peasant woman, struggled all her life, worked in the garment center.
Al Lewis


I stand fearlessly for small dogs, the American Flag, motherhood and the Bible. That's why people love me.
Art Linkletter


My mother told me on several different occasions that she was livin' her dream vicariously through me. She once said that I was getting' to do all the things that she would have wanted to have done.
Buck Owens



I auditioned on my own. I tried to make a mark for myself without anybody's help, not even Mom's.
Kate Hudson


My mom taught us the Serenity Prayer at a young age.
Toby Keith


Giving birth was easier than having a tattoo.
Nicole Appleton


Why do grandparents and grandchildren get along so well? The mother.
Claudette Colbert


There are only two things a child will share willingly; communicable diseases and its mother's age.
Benjamin Spock


I'm so happy and thankful I made it a point be a stay-at-home mom.
Candace Cameron Bure


My sisters and mom raised me to respect women and open doors for them.
Milo Ventimiglia


If my mom reads that I'm grammatically incorrect I'll have hell to pay.
Larisa Oleynik


If you ever become a mother, can I have one of the puppies?
Charles Pierce


A guy is a lump like a doughnut. So, first you gotta get rid of all the stuff his mom did to him. And then you gotta get rid of all that macho crap that they pick up from beer commercials. And then there's my personal favorite, the male ego.
Roseanne Barr


Being a Hot Mom means being respected as a mom and a woman. And, the key to being a Hot Mom is having a sense of humor about yourself and all the crazy situations that arise.
Jami Gertz


Mom and Dad were married 64 years. And if you wondered what their secret was, you could have asked the local florist - because every day Dad gave Mom a rose, which he put on her bedside table. That's how she found out what happened on the day my father died - she went looking for him because that morning, there was no rose.
Mitt Romney


It was my 16th birthday - my mom and dad gave me my Goya classical guitar that day. I sat down, wrote this song, and I just knew that that was the only thing I could ever really do - write songs and sing them to people.
Stevie Nicks


My mom and dad gave their kids the greatest gift of all - the gift of unconditional love. They cared deeply about who we would be, and much less about what we would do.
Mitt Romney


I don't want to be perfect, but I do want to be a role model. My mom always tells me that imperfections equal beauty. All of us are imperfect.
Miley Cyrus


As a mom, I know it is my responsibility, and no one else's, to raise my kids. But we have to ask ourselves, what does it mean when so many parents are finding their best efforts undermined by an avalanche of advertisements aimed at our kids.
Michelle Obama


My mom and I have always been really close. She's always been the friend that was always there. There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn't have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.
Taylor Swift


I believe this with all my heart: The greatest coach of all time in my eyes is my mom. She's instilled in me a toughness and a perseverance and just a never-quit mentality, and I thank her every day for providing me, for what she sacrificed her life for.
Scott Brooks



I know I'm talented, but I wasn't put here to sing. I was put here to be a wife and a mom and look after my family. I love what I do, but it's not where it begins and ends.
Amy Winehouse


I told my mom, 'I'm not buying another magazine until I can get past this thought of looking like the girl on the cover'. She said, "Miley, you are the girl on the cover,' and I was, like, 'I know, but I don't feel like that girl every day.' You can't always feel perfect.
Miley Cyrus


When I was really young, my mom enrolled me in dance classes.
Jeff Bridges


I think my love of journalizing my life comes from my mom.
Jeff Bridges


My mom wasn't a movie star.
Jeff Bridges


One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.
Jim DeMint


When my mom ran for the Senate, my dad was there for her every step of the way. I can still hear her saying in her beautiful voice, 'Why should women have any less say than men, about the great decisions facing our nation?'
Mitt Romney


My mom is at my house every day, and she nags me about everything, especially hygiene.
Shia LaBeouf


My mom is the backbone not just of my family but of many families.
Shia LaBeouf


When love is gone, there's always justice. And when justice is gone, there's always force. And when force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi, Mom!
Laurie Anderson


I'm a mom, so I have to be comfortable. Jeans are a staple - I have way too many in my closet! It's warm in Florida, so I wear jeans and a tank top every day. I love my True Religions, my Rich and Skinny, and Citizens of Humanity. But I also love getting dressed up!
Candace Cameron Bure


My mom brought me up to believe that my talent is a gift and a blessing.
Christina Aguilera


Thankfully, I have my mom and a small group of close friends who are there for me 24/7 and whom I can trust and depend on.
Christina Aguilera


I remember watching the Grammys and looking at the performances and crying to my mom, saying how much I wanted to be there.
Christina Aguilera


My mom and I are very close.
Lady Gaga



My mom and I had the same vision, and we want the same things. We would always make a goal list every year.
Kim Kardashian


I'd go to, like, six different schools in one year. We were on welfare, and my mom never ever worked.
Eminem


I could get away with not taking care of myself as a bachelorette but as a mom I can't.
Alanis Morissette


I became a mom at 37 and having a child has been an emancipation for me.
Tori Amos


I remember driving to North Carolina when I was a little girl in a snowstorm to get down to my mom's family in the Carolinas. There were chains on the car - it was the late sixties - and we were just singing in the car. Christmas carols.
Tori Amos


When I was little, my mom tells me, I used to say things like, 'Mom do you hear the string section? Do you hear the string section?' And she would look at me and say, 'No honey, I don't know what you're talking about.'
Tori Amos


My mom was tough.
Tiger Woods


Mom was 50 when my Dad died. She got on a bus every weekday for years, and rode 40 miles each morning to Madison. She earned a new degree and learned new skills to start her small business. It wasn't just a new livelihood. It was a new life.
Paul Ryan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer