Breaking News
Loading...

Parental Quotes

Parenting and the behavior between parents and child is very important for success and healthy development of any society. That is why we have brought here a collection of quotes of famous people related to this topic of life so that people can get benefit from the sayings and recommendations of these famous people. 


   To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
Buddha


A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.
Billy Graham


Even as kids reach adolescence, they need more than ever for us to watch over them. Adolescence is not about letting go. It's about hanging on during a very bumpy ride.
Ron Taffel


We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.
Henry Ward Beecher


I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.
Sigmund Freud


A mother who is really a mother is never free.
Honore de Balzac


Mothers - especially single mothers - are heroic in their efforts to raise our nation's children, but men must also take responsibility for their children and recognize the impact they have on their families' well-being.
Evan Bayh


Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
Charles R. Swindoll


Children are educated by what the grown-up is and not by his talk.
Carl Jung


Every cliche about kids is true; they grow up so quickly, you blink and they're gone, and you have to spend the time with them now. But that's a joy.
Liam Neeson


Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence.
Plato


How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted.
Voltaire


Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going.
Phyllis Diller


Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don't want them to become politicians in the process.
John F. Kennedy


Don't try to make children grow up to be like you, or they may do it.
Russell Baker


Most American children suffer too much mother and too little father.
Gloria Steinem


Parentage is a very important profession, but no test of fitness for it is ever imposed in the interest of the children.
George Bernard Shaw



Few things are more satisfying than seeing your children have teenagers of their own.
Doug Larson


Telling a teenager the facts of life is like giving a fish a bath.
Arnold H. Glasow


We are apt to forget that children watch examples better than they listen to preaching.
Roy L. Smith


Having children is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain.
Martin Mull


Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.
Erma Bombeck


Girls are the future mothers of our society, and it is important that we focus on their well-being.
Miriam Makeba


There's really no point in having children if you're not going to be home enough to father them.
Anthony Edwards


The well-being and welfare of children should always be our focus.
Todd Tiahrt


A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it.
Frank A. Clark


Children are our second chance to have a great parent-child relationship.
Laura Schlessinger


Having a baby changes the way you view your in-laws. I love it when they come to visit now. They can hold the baby and I can go out.
Matthew Broderick


The interesting thing about being a mother is that everyone wants pets, but no one but me cleans the kitty litter.
Meryl Streep


I had no idea that mothering my own child would be so healing to my own sadness from my childhood.
Susie Bright


To me luxury is to be at home with my daughter, and the occasional massage doesn't hurt.
Olivia Newton-John


Children that are raised in a home with a married mother and father consistently do better in every measure of well-being than their peers who come from divorced or step-parent, single-parent, cohabiting homes.
Todd Tiahrt


I have three daughters, so I can't be as tough as I want to be. When you have kids - especially daughters - they know how to work you. They're a lot smarter than we are, that's for sure. But I'll be more tough on their boyfriends.
Tim McGraw


Childhood obesity is best tackled at home through improved parental involvement, increased physical exercise, better diet and restraint from eating.
Bob Filner


At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child's success is the positive involvement of parents.
Jane D. Hull


Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted.
Garrison Keillor


What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.
Benjamin Spock


I figure that if the children are alive when I get home, I've done my job.
Roseanne Barr



My mother protected me from the world and my father threatened me with it.
Quentin Crisp


Parenthood and family come first for me, and when I'm not working I'm cool with the Teletubbies.
Clive Owen


My children are the reason I laugh, smile and want to get up every morning.
Gena Lee Nolin


There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
Hodding Carter


The Internet is just bringing all kinds of information into the home. There's just a lot of distraction, a lot of competition for the parent's voice to resonate in the children's ears.
Phil McGraw


No fathers or mothers think their own children ugly.
Miguel de Cervantes


I want to have children, but my friends scare me. One of my friends told me she was in labor for 36 hours. I don't even want to do anything that feels good for 36 hours.
Rita Rudner


I take my children everywhere, but they always find their way back home.
Robert Orben


Parents should not smoke in order to discourage their kids from smoking. A child is more likely to smoke when they have been raised in the environment of a smoker.
Christy Turlington


It's hard enough to work and raise a family when your kids are all healthy and relatively normal, but when you add on some kind of disability or disease, it can just be such a burden.
Patricia Heaton


If you're asking your kids to exercise, then you better do it, too. Practice what you preach.
Bruce Jenner


The child supplies the power but the parents have to do the steering.
Benjamin Spock


I regret not having had more time with my kids when they were growing up.
Tina Turner


Studies show that children best flourish when one mom and one dad are there to raise them.
John Boehner


There are 80 million moms in the United States. Forty million stay at home with their children.
Andrew Shue


My father wasn't really involved and my mom is the light in my life.
Marion Jones


Success for me its to raise happy, healthy human beings.
Kelly LeBrock


You have to support your children to have a healthy relationship.
Connie Sellecca


The family teaches us about the importance of knowledge, education, hard work and effort. It teaches us about enjoying ourselves, having fun, keeping fit and healthy.
Kamisese Mara


I think I'm going to have to live vicariously through my daughter's rebellion because I certainly never did go through adolescence.
Brooke Shields


I've said it before, but it's absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.
Liza Minelli


I don't think children's inner feelings have changed. They still want a mother and father in the very same house; they want places to play.
Beverly Cleary



Education, like neurosis, begins at home.
Milton Sapirstein


It's a huge change for your body. You don't even want to look in the mirror after you've had a baby, because your stomach is just hanging there like a Shar-Pei.
Cindy Crawford


Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore.
Ogden Nash


I feel very blessed to have two wonderful, healthy children who keep me completely grounded, sane and throw up on my shoes just before I go to an awards show just so I know to keep it real.
Reese Witherspoon


Fathers and mothers have lost the idea that the highest aspiration they might have for their children is for them to be wise... specialized competence and success are all that they can imagine.
Allan Bloom


Home life's great, man. The kids are great, happy and healthy. I've reached this sort of wonderful precipice.
Ryan Phillippe


Believe me, my children have more stamina than a power station.
Robbie Coltrane


Do you want to be an artist and a writer, or a wife and a lover? With kids, your focus changes. I don't want to go to PTA meetings.
Stevie Nicks


Family life was wonderful. The streets were bleak. The playgrounds were bleak. But home was always warm. My mother and father had a great relationship. I always felt 'safe' there.
Robert Cormier


That's my ideal day, time with my boys.
Kenny G


Love is staying up all night with a sick child - or a healthy adult.
David Frost


You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
Franklin P. Jones


Mom and Dad would stay in bed on Sunday morning, but the kids would have to go to church.
Lynn Johnston


I get whatever placidity I have from my father. But my mother taught me how to take it on the chin.
Norma Shearer


We all have an interest in making sure teens grow up healthy and drug-free.
John Walters


My mom's a Catholic, and my dad's a Jew, and they didn't want anything to do with anything.
Isabelle Huppert


No one knows his true character until he has run out of gas, purchased something on the installment plan and raised an adolescent.
Marcelene Cox



What feeling is so nice as a child's hand in yours? So small, so soft and warm, like a kitten huddling in the shelter of your clasp.
Marjorie Holmes


It is a sad commentary of our times when our young must seek advice and counsel from "Dear Abby" instead of going to Mom and Dad.
Abigail Van Buren


It's a great mistake, I think, to put children off with falsehoods and nonsense, when their growing powers of observation and discrimination excite in them a desire to know about things.
Anne Sullivan


I'd just as soon stay home and raise babies.
June Allyson


Family involvement is a valuable thing and playing together actively can be the '90s version of it. Instead of just watching, you can do it together... something we don't spend enough time on. We can motivate and excite each other about fitness.
Alan Thicke


I wasn't very good about juggling family and my career. I was interested in who was coming to the children's birthday party, what my son was writing. I was thinking about Legos.
Jill Clayburgh


My mother was the influence in my life. She was strong; she had great faith in the ultimate triumph of justice and hard work. She believed passionately in education.
John H. Johnson


There are some great questions to ask your doctor. If he says 'no,' then you find yourself a different doctor. There really has to be a change in how we medically look at women at this time. I mean, this is not just baby gloom.
Marie Osmond


Loving a child doesn't mean giving in to all his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him, to teach him to love what is difficult.
Nadia Boulanger


We expect teachers to handle teenage pregnancy, substance abuse, and the failings of the family. Then we expect them to educate our children.
John Sculley


We criticize mothers for closeness. We criticize fathers for distance. How many of us have expected less from our fathers and appreciated what they gave us more? How many of us always let them off the hook?
Ellen Goodman


Mama and Daddy King represent the best in manhood and womanhood, the best in a marriage, the kind of people we are trying to become.
Coretta Scott King


My father was a farmer and my mother was a farmer, but, my childhood was very good. I am very grateful for my childhood, because it was full of gladness and good humanity.
Roberto Benigni


No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids. Their behavior is always normal.
Bill Cosby


Screaming at children over their grades, especially to the point of the child's tears, is child abuse, pure and simple. It's not funny and it's not good parenting. It is a crushing, scarring, disastrous experience for the child. It isn't the least bit funny.
Ben Stein


My childhood should have taught me lessons for my own fatherhood, but it didn't because parenting can only be learned by people who have no children.
Bill Cosby


What lingers from the parent's individual past, unresolved or incomplete, often becomes part of her or his irrational parenting.
Virginia Satir


Parenting is one of the hardest jobs on earth.
Jennifer Aniston


Of course, the ideal scenario for parenting is obviously two parents of a mature age.
Jennifer Aniston



Very often when you see families it's all perfect and neat, and parenting isn't like that. You do have constant negotiations. Things are ever developing and ever changing, and you constantly have to evaluate how you deal with your kids.
Clive Owen


The Golden Rule of Parenting is; do unto your children as you wish your parents had done unto you!
Louise Hart


Parenting is the most important job on the planet next to keeping Gary Busey off the nation's highways.
Dennis Miller


I barely have time for my own children. To adopt more children and not have time for them, that would be poor parenting on my part.
Mary J. Blige


I'm worried about parents who aren't parenting.
Barbara Bush


Don't reward bad behavior. It is one of the first rules of parenting. During the financial cataclysm of 2008, we said it differently. When we bailed out banks that had created their own misfortune, we called it a 'moral hazard,' because the bailout absolved the bank's bad acts and created an incentive for it to make the same bad loans again.
Eliot Spitzer


No, I've never wanted kids. But I do read about parenting a lot.
Fiona Apple


Indeed - judicious, consistent parenting is a dream of mine. No judgements, learning space and listening carefully are my goals.
Emma Thompson


While not impossible, it is especially challenging for teenage parents to develop bonds with their children. A high percent of them were themselves children of teenage parents and have never experienced appropriate parenting.
Jane Fonda


I thought that once we were out of the baby stage, parenting would be a breeze.
Tori Spelling


Autism is a neurological disorder. It's not caused by bad parenting. It's caused by, you know, abnormal development in the brain. The emotional circuits in the brain are abnormal. And there also are differences in the white matter, which is the brain's computer cables that hook up the different brain departments.
Temple Grandin


I'm trying to break any chain of negative parenting that I might have survived.
Eddie Vedder


Parenting is an impossible job at any age.
Harrison Ford


In truth, I am a single mother. But I don't feel alone at all in parenting my daughter. Krishna has a whole other side of her family who loves her, too. And so Krishna is parented by me, but also by her grandmother and aunts and cousins and uncles and friends.
Padma Lakshmi


I hope to find the roles that are age appropriate but not yearning to be younger, or parenting ad nauseam.
Debra Winger


Women are individuals in parenting, and why not?
Erica Jong


We're living in a time when parenting is not at all mirroring the way I was parented. For me, I just followed my parents around on their errands; when they were busy on the phone, I was quiet. It's a different kettle of fish these days: They run the house, and you listen to their music, and you go to their appointments.
Edie Falco


I grew up with no money. My kids will grow up with a lot of money and so it's really important to me, and it will always be a part of my parenting, to keep them conscientious and connected socially to other people.
Ryan Phillippe



Abortion is defended today as a means of ensuring the equality and independence of women, and as a solution to the problems of single parenting, child abuse, and the feminization of poverty.
Robert Casey


So, you know, parenting is a very intimate and amazing experience and one of the best experiences of my life.
Uma Thurman


I take parenting incredibly seriously. I want to be there for my kids and help them navigate the world, and develop skills, emotional intelligence, to enjoy life, and I'm lucky to be able to do that and have two healthy, normal boys.
Joan Cusack


If there is any truth to my parenting the dreamwork movement, it comes from the power of the press.
Henry Reed


I'm torn about late parenting. I believe people should spend their twenties living and having fun and not having any regrets later. I also think people in their thirties generally make better parents but so many of my friends are having trouble - myself included - as fathers get older.
Eric McCormack


We must return optimism to our parenting. To focus on the joys, not the hassles; the love, not the disappointments; the common sense, not the complexities.
Fred G. Gosman


I'm a parent, especially when you've had the intense parenting the way I had. It's all in the bank. It's all in the great experience bank. Those are your secrets. That's the stuff that makes your work rich, that's what you dip into.
Hector Elizondo


Parenting, as an unpaid occupation outside the world of public power, entails lower status, less power, and less control of resources than paid work.
Nancy Chodorow


Parents are key when it comes to keeping kids off drugs. Good parenting is the best anti-drug we have.
Mel Carnahan


I had three children while doing a show, as demanding as 'Good Morning America,' so this is - you know, it's almost like I'm less daunted about motherhood, and parenting at this point in time. And I think I'm just much more fit and healthy than I was 20-years-ago.
Joan Lunden


My kids love it. I thought I was the coolest dad in the world when I got to be in a Bond film, but 'Harry Potter', too? Well, I think I qualify for a medal for exceptional parenting or something, don't you?
Robbie Coltraine


I'm hosting weekend retreats all over America. It is like a 24-hour slumber party for moms. We laugh, eat, play games, get massages, win prizes, talk about parenting and even cry a bit.
Lisa Whelchel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer