Breaking News
Loading...

Sports Quotes

For our viewers from sports related area we brought here very nice collection of sports quotes for them, so that they can enjoy these quotes in their sports community.


 I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan


Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.
Satchel Paige


When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson


A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.
Wayne Gretzky


You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.
Michael Phelps


It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
Muhammad Ali


I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children.
Mike Tyson


People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
Rogers Hornsby


Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
Michael Jordan


Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
Dan Gable


If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi


As athletes, we're used to reacting quickly. Here, it's 'come, stop, come, stop.' There's a lot of downtime. That's the toughest part of the day.
Michael Jordan


Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps.
Tiger Woods


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi


Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell


My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging.
Hank Aaron


Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Henry David Thoreau


Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.
William Arthur Ward


Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
Yogi Berra


Golf is a good walk spoiled.
Mark Twain



Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.
Blaise Pascal


I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Shaquille O'Neal


It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.
Mark Twain


I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out.
Rodney Dangerfield


Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second.
William James


Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
Vince Lombardi


I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.
Mia Hamm


I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
Walt Whitman


All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity.
Gordie Howe


These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it.
Charles Barkley


Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams


Football is an incredible game. Sometimes it's so incredible, it's unbelievable.
Tom Landry


Academe, n.: An ancient school where morality and philosophy were taught. Academy, n.: A modern school where football is taught.
Ambrose Bierce


If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.
Jack Lemmon


Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?
Jim Bouton


Baseball has the great advantage over cricket of being sooner ended.
George Bernard Shaw


Baseball happens to be a game of cumulative tension but football, basketball and hockey are played with hand grenades and machine guns.
John Leonard


Champions keep playing until they get it right.
Billie Jean King



Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Herbert Hoover


The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course.
Billy Graham


Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.
Red Auerbach


You win some, lose some, and wreck some.
Dale Earnhardt


You can't win unless you learn how to lose.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar


You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.
Yogi Berra


Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball.
James Patrick Murray


Approach the game with no preset agendas and you'll probably come away surprised at your overall efforts.
Phil Jackson


A lifetime of training for just ten seconds.
Jesse Owens


I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.
Earl Warren


If a man watches three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead.
Erma Bombeck


Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.
Mike Singletary


Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner, and you can keep the clubs and the fresh air.
Jack Benny


I guess there is nothing that will get your mind off everything like golf. I have never been depressed enough to take up the game, but they say you get so sore at yourself you forget to hate your enemies.
Will Rogers


Golf is a game in which you yell "fore," shoot six, and write down five.
Paul Harvey


I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball.
Bobby Knight


Sports do not build character. They reveal it.
Heywood Broun


Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face.
Dave Barry


Fans don't boo nobodies.
Reggie Jackson



The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back.
Steve Garvey


If you meet the Buddha in the lane, feed him the ball.
Phil Jackson


Bobby Knight told me this: 'There is nothing that a good defense cannot beat a better offense.' In other words a good offense wins.
Dan Quayle


I'd just as soon play tennis with the net down.
Robert Frost


It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Pete Rose


If you drink don't drive. Don't even putt.
Dean Martin


Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.
Bobby Unser


The game of golf would lose a great deal if croquet mallets and billiard cues were allowed on the putting green.
Ernest Hemingway


I won't predict anything historic. But nothing is impossible.
Michael Phelps


Boxing has become America's tragic theater.
Joyce Carol Oates


Life is about timing.
Carl Lewis


I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators.
Gerald R. Ford


If you got the game, you got the game. That's why Tiger Woods is out there playing golf with Greg Norman.
Shaquille O'Neal


Wrestling is ballet with violence.
Jesse Ventura


Golf is a game in which one endeavors to control a ball with implements ill adapted for the purpose.
Woodrow Wilson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer