Breaking News
Loading...

Thanks Giving Quotes

Thank giving quotes will give your thanks a different look. These quotes are taken and extracted from best quotes on the topic of thanks giving. We hope you will admire them.

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
Oprah Winfrey


I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.
Jon Stewart


Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.
Henry Van Dyke


The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.
William Blake


Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.
Erma Bombeck


To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do.
Victor Hugo


There is one day that is ours. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American.
O. Henry


Dear Lord; we beg but one boon more: Peace in the hearts of all men living, peace in the whole world this Thanksgiving.
Joseph Auslander


Best of all is it to preserve everything in a pure, still heart, and let there be for every pulse a thanksgiving, and for every breath a song.
Konrad von Gesner


If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.
W. Clement Stone


My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor.
Phyllis Diller


For what I have received may the Lord make me truly thankful. And more truly for what I have not received.
Storm Jameson


Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.
Kevin James


It is now common knowledge that the average American gains 7 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.
Marilu Henner


Even though we're a week and a half away from Thanksgiving, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Richard Roeper


I'm thankful for every moment.
Al Green


An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.
Irv Kupcinet


If you think Independence Day is America's defining holiday, think again. Thanksgiving deserves that title, hands-down.
Tony Snow


If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get.
Frank A. Clark


Drink and be thankful to the host! What seems insignificant when you have it, is important when you need it.
Franz Grillparzer


On Thanksgiving I will stop to give thanks that my family is safe and healthy, especially because I realize that, following the tragedies of this year, it is all too real a possibility that they might not have been.
Bobby Jindal


Pride slays thanksgiving, but a humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grow. A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves.
Henry Ward Beecher


My restaurants are never opened on Thanksgiving; I want my staff to spend time with their family if they can. My feeling is, if I can't figure out how to make money the rest of the year so that my workers can enjoy the holidays, then I don't deserve to be an owner.
Michael Symon



I love chicken. I would eat chicken fingers on Thanksgiving if it were socially acceptable.
Todd Barry


If you think about a Thanksgiving dinner, it's really like making a large chicken.
Ina Garten


From too much love of living, From hope and fear set free, We thank with brief thanksgiving Whatever gods may be That no life lives for ever; That dead men rise up never; That even the weariest river Winds somewhere safe to sea.
Algernon Charles Swinburne


It's like being at the kids' table at Thanksgiving - you can put your elbows on it, you don't have to talk politics... no matter how old I get, there's always a part of me that's sitting there.
John Hughes


My whole problem is that all of my favorite things at Thanksgiving are the starches, and everyone is trying to go low-carb this year, even a green vegetable has carbs in it.
Ted Allen


Christmas is more stressful with present buying and making sure everyone gets included, but Thanksgiving is really not that. I don't ever really get stressed out about the food.
Sandra Lee


It's so warm now, and Thanksgiving came so early - is it just me, or does it not really feel like Ramadan?
David Letterman


Over the Thanksgiving holiday I took time to reflect on what is most important to me and realized I need to find a way to put the fun back into racing.
Kurt Busch


A lot of Thanksgiving days have been ruined by not carving the turkey in the kitchen.
Kin Hubbard


There is no racial or ethnic involvement in Thanksgiving, and people who may be very distant from the Christian system can see the beauty and the positive spirit that comes from the holiday.
John Clayton


Black Friday is not another bad hair day in Wall Street. It's the term used by American retailers to describe the day after the Thanksgiving Holiday, seen as the semi-official start of Christmas shopping season.
Evan Davis


The truth is the Super Bowl long ago became more than just a football game. It's part of our culture like turkey at Thanksgiving and lights at Christmas, and like those holidays beyond their meaning, a factor in our economy.
Bob Schieffer


Not to sound too much like Christopher Guest in 'Waiting for Guffman,' but on Thanksgiving you're putting on a show!
Ted Allen


My favorite meal is turkey and mashed potatoes. I love Thanksgiving, it's just my favorite. I can have Thanksgiving all year round.
Cindy Margolis


My fondest memories are generally the day after Thanksgiving. I get the total decorating Christmas itch.
Katharine McPhee


As governor, when I visited our troops in Kuwait and Iraq, I served them Thanksgiving dinner. It was a small gesture compared to their sacrifice.
Jennifer M. Granholm



The craft Emmys are kind of the kids' table at Thanksgiving. You're not really invited to the big dance. It's still really, really exciting, and the statue still counts.
Hank Azaria


I never drank except a couple sips of wine at Thanksgiving.
Carol Alt


I absolutely adore Thanksgiving. It's the only holiday I insist on making myself.
Ina Garten


Christmas is the antithesis of Thanksgiving. Christmas is pretty much a man-made holiday.
John Clayton


Thanksgiving is a season that is very much in accord with the themes and teachings of Jesus Christ.
John Clayton


I've spent a lot of Thanksgivings on the road with my band, so anytime that I can spend Thanksgiving with my family in a traditional aspect, eating sweet potatoes and cranberries and stuffing and all the trappings of Thanksgiving and then get on a treadmill the next day extra long, I'm happy.
Richie Sambora


I don't think any other holiday embraces the food of the Midwest quite like Thanksgiving. There's roasted meat and mashed potatoes. But being here is also about heritage. Cleveland is really a giant melting pot - not only is my family a melting pot, but so is the city.
Michael Symon


Thanksgiving is nothing but a toast to genocide.
Stephen Evans


Always expect the unexpected. Right around Thanksgiving, when the new Alex Cross will be out. It's called Four Blind Mice and it's a pretty amazing story about several murders inside the military.
James Patterson


I think I'm going to give my baby her first food on Thanksgiving, make her some organic sweet potato. I'm very excited! It's going to be a big day and my husband is in charge of the turkey - he's the chef of the family!
Lily Aldridge


The act is unjustifiable that either begs for a blessing, or, having succeeded gives no thanksgiving.
Merle Shain


In our family, mom and dad are Longhorns, our first two kids are Aggies and we're hoping our last one is a Longhorn. It gives us family fun on Thanksgiving Day.
Bob Wells




  • I never drank except a couple sips of wine at Thanksgiving.

  • I never drank except a couple sips of wine at Thanksgiving.

  • On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence.

  • Grace isn’t a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal.  It’s a way to live.

  • Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.

  • If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.

  • Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.



  • The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts.  No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.

  • A lot of Thanksgiving days have been ruined by not carving the turkey in the kitchen.

  • He who thanks but with the lips Thanks but in part; the full, the true thanksgiving comes from the heart.

  • Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.

  • There is no sincerer love than the love of food.

  • We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love.

  • If you count all your assets, you always show a profit.

  • Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel.

  • An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.


  • “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.”

  • “Thanksgiving is a time for remembering and appreciating the special people in our lives. Our home is warmed by the love of family and friends.”

  • “Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men, but be careful that you do not take the day and leave out the gratitude.”

  • Do not get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.

  • “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

  • “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

  • “There is no sincerer love than the love of food.”

  • An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.



  • I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and new.

  • As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.

  • Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.

  • Praise God even when you don’t understand what He is doing.

  • We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love.

  • Only a stomach that rarely feels hungry scorns common things.

  • A lot of Thanksgiving days have been ruined by not carving the turkey in the kitchen.

  • Allah is with those who restrain themselves.

  • Have patience with what they say, and leaves them with noble (dignity).

  • Hold to forgiveness, command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant.

  • The Palestinian Authority, but also to pressure the Israelis to stop this kind of phenomenon.

  • As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.

  • What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

  • We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.

  • Christmas is the antithesis of Thanksgiving. Christmas is pretty much a man-made holiday.

  • Only a stomach that rarely feels hungry scorns common things.

  • Got no checkbooks, got no banks. Still I’d like to express my thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer